FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Removing Used/Expired Visa Stickers from Passport
Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:24 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chollie
This discussion about removing visas makes me wonder. I got a e-visa that I printed at home for (IIRC) Cambodia. I didn't glue it in and neither did the immigration officials. It fell out after I went home, and I've traveled without it since. I have a passport with entry/exit stamps from a country that requires visas, but no actual visa in my passport.

Now that I'm reading this thread, I wonder if that could have caused a problem if someone had chosen to scrutinize my passport carefully for some reason. More importantly, without the actual visa on me, how could I prove I ever had one?
Most won't care, but I've seen situations where some airline, airline contractor or government employees made issues about removed staples in passport pages, paper clip indentations on visa pages, staples in passport pages, and so on. But these are the exception rather than the norm, and it is a sign of dealing with a person whose thinking is probably excessively suspicious.