FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:49 am
mingw

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by niting
It looks like Amex is trying to find a reason to claw back points. They first apply the logic that you cancelled the card to take away the points. If you pass that criteria (i.e. you still have the card) then they apply the logic that you did MS using giftcards.com or CVS vanillas. If you pass that criteria (i.e. you have the card and didn't do any MS), then they apply the logic that you did not complete the minimum spending by subtracting the $200 airline credits.
they are just determined to take back the bonus points they promised to pay and indeed paid.

calling really doesn't help any. the front line csr don't know nothing why your points were clawed back and just make up whatever excuses they can find.

I never used the points and they haven't been taken back yet, but I don't want to have a negative balance if I do spend them and they take back later. my spending was $2998 organic + $200 MPX + $100 GE.