FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Polaris - New Business Class seats & inflight service {Archive}
Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:49 pm
cerealmarketer

Originally Posted by EWR764
I'm a little more ambivalent on the hot appetizer... if it's along the lines of cheap frozen hors d'oeuvres, like what's served in GF these days, pass. I actually was a fan of the first round of cold appetizers on the sCO flights in 2012 or so, after the international premium cabin service was standardized. As I recall, there were two different cold apps served from trays on the three-tiered cart and plated seat-side. The apps were substantial in portion and reasonably high-quality.

That went away pretty quickly, early 2013 I believe.
I remember that. It was a throwback to how Biz First did the apps before the mid 2000s. I remember the chef's idea with the hot apps was to 'serve something a business traveler would get at a conference or meeting, so it feels familiar.'

Not the mandate i would have gone with but explains the hotel passed hor d'oeuvres.

Few other Polaris nuggets...

EWR lounge attendants say the main C100s club will convert to Polaris next year, using the existing space. A new United Club will also open, not clear if it will be adjacent, above, or somewhere else.

LAX attendants say no Polaris for 'a few years.'

Saw on Twitter the UA head of rev mgmt. said at a conference the 763s will start converting in May.