FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis's fraudulent Damage Claim-AMEX primary coverage issue
Old Sep 21, 2016, 2:37 pm
Naser Imran Hossain

Angry Avis's fraudulent Damage Claim-AMEX primary coverage issue

On August 2nd, 2016 I was contacted by Viking Payments on behalf of Avis Rental services about a damage to a rental, the period of rental was from July1-July5, 2016 . Neither me nor any of the passengers recognized any of the damages that they were claiming (total amount claimed $2075.27), we had even down a walk around when we returned the car- and it had no damages what-so-ever. But since we had premium rental car protection through my American Express Everyday card- we opened a renter's insurance claim through AMEX anyway, assuming it wouldn't be a big hassle. Also, since AVIS was already a month late to inform us about the damage claim, we didn't even have the sign-out receipt. AMEX got in contact with Vikings to start processing the claim and they requested a couple of documents. Viking was unable or unwilling to provide all the protocol documents that AMEX requested that is required by any insurance processors, namely Check in / Check out slips,
Accident / Incident report, Prior condition report and Fleet Utilization Log or proof of payment for completed repairs. AMEX reached back to me saying that Viking wasn't providing the documents, so I got in contact with Viking to know why they are not providing all the necessary documents and they started bullying me to pay up with my own money- threatening to send my file to collections if I don't pay up and almost refusing to deal with my legitimate AMEX insurance agent. I contacted Avis as well, but their response was simply to forward me to Viking payments again saying they are the ones who are in complete charge of the claim processing now. This is a deliberate breach of trust and consumer rights on behalf of Avis and Vikings and I would like to have some justice served- but I don't know what I should do Should I seek legal options? Why wouldn't Avis provide all the documents? Any help is appreciated

Thanks