FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Xmas in the North East
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:20 am
gfunkdave
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VH-RMD

Now I realise this is tantamount to asking 'how long is a piece of string' but looking for recommendations for accomodation near/in Burlington. We are flying into JFK and looking to take the train, I understand it stops in a town near Burlington.
You should fly. The train will take most of the day and is often significantly late, and isn't what I'd call nice. You'll be at the airport already anyway.

Have looked on Booking.com and Tripadvisor (Booking is who I most frequently turn to as I think their reviews tend to be a little more accurate) and the most highly rated place seems to be a bit like a motel - Green Mountain Suites Hotel, and it does not look too bad in the promotional material so we are not adverse to staying there.

We are looking for a place which will have space, like a separate lounge and bedroom, for 2 adults 1 child, not too fussed about catering options - although realise that xmas day may pose challenges for restaurants -
I agree with the previous advice to rent a house with Airbnb or VRBO.

we will rent a car in Vermont to go up to the snow, so mobility should not be a challenge..
Um, you do realize that Burlington will be chest deep in snow in the winter? You'll just have to open the door of your Airbnb house to experience it.