FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:00 am
jwgmaldives

Originally Posted by jordan_h
I decided not to renew. Even though it's essentially fee-negative with an AU, it's also a pain in the ... to do 10 separate $50 United gift registry transactions. Especially since they don't always get reimbursed, so I end up putting extra into the registry.

Still, the biggest dealbreaker for me is that I have no confidence that CNB won't change the benefits. When I applied for the card, it earned 3x at grocery stores, included a free CLEAR membership, and reimbursed seat upgrade fees. In the first six months, those benefits all went away. I don't want to pay $400 now only to find out that gift registry transactions no longer get reimbursed. I still think it's a great card, but I'd rather not tie up cash I have now in the annual fee, especially since I have other cards with similar benefits.

Last thing - I asked about converting it to a no-fee CNB card, and the agent didn't know if that's possible or not. She's supposed to call me back after researching it.
Keep us updated. Also the 3X on groceries is back.