FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - vic falls time needed
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:13 am
benberg2013
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
thanks-would you think necessary to do both sides or not?
and how long would it take for both sides??inc getting across border
You could do as follows: taxi to Zambian border, see Zambian side of falls. The Zambian side of the border is next to the entrance to the zambian side if the falls (50 metres). Entrance fee for the Zambian side is 20$. You then walk 5 - 10 minutes down the path (past a few shops of locals selling wares) and you are there by the falls. There is a small trail to walk along to see it from a few viewpoints. I'd give no more than half hour there. Then you exit again and are by the border. You will have to go into the immigration building to get passports stamped etc. There could be a a small queue for immigration 5-10 mins.
You then leave Zambia and have a 2km stretch of no-mans land where you will cross to Zimbabwe. In the middle of this stretch is the bridge crossing where there is bunjee jumping.
You can walk this 2km or there are taxis which do this.
Then you'll arrive at Zimbabwe border .
When you arrive you'll enter a small building (a small room) to get the visa on arrival.
There may be a big queue of Zambians entering Zimbabwe, maybe coming out the building , just ignore that , because they are waiting for a different desk. Just go inside the building to the visa on arrival desk. Get the visa takes 5 mins, then leave.
From there its around 15 minute walk to the entrance of the Zimbabwe side of the falls. Taxis also available.
Entrance to the Zimbabwe side is 30$. I'd give an hour and half or more for this. Get until the end of the trail and the view is amazing. There is a restaurant by the entrance.

If you have limited time, I'd go for just the Zimbabwe side. You will be able to see the Zambian side from the end of the trail of the Zimbabwe side.

This is all from when I was there nearly a year ago, so forgive any mistakes. I don't know if they have reinstated the kaza visa yet, if they have, you'll just need to get a kaza visa upon landing in LVI which will allow access to Zimbabwe too.
Just don't get ripped of by taxi drivers.

Last edited by benberg2013; Sep 20, 2016 at 3:37 am