FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:06 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cooper21
I am in American's program, and earned just one dine in the past 6 months. For whatever reason a ton of the regular places I was dining (and earning) have left the program, and I never noticed. Is there any better program or network I should be chasing? I've had some good bonus hits in the past.

Thanks in advance for all the great insights I get here.
You'll have the same selection of restaurants in each program. So you have to learn to check often to see whether the restaurants you plan to go to are still participating (and whether they give miles anytime or only once a month, and whether they gives miles every day or only certain days of the week). I've seen restaurants that were unlimited dines giving miles drop out, come back in a few days later as giving miles only once a month.

Lots of people have had good bonus hits in the past. But the days of good bonuses seem to be long gone. The 250 miles mentioned above for 1 dine, once in a rare moon, is about as good as it gets (if you've already joined all the programs that make sense for you).

And there is no other network that lots you earns miles for dining, except for the much tinier one at www.thanksagain.com.