FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bose QC35 Released: Wireless and USB Rechargeable
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:50 pm
GrussGott

Question

I'm really agonizing over getting the QC35s ... I need help.

Here's my set up:

* I don't mind bulk: right now I'm using the PSB M4U2s which have fantastic sound, have batteries, can run passive, amp'd, or ANC. They have a cord, but it detaches from the headphones and I have zero problems with the wires. I use these daily and for flights, but the headband is close to breaking and it's time for something else. (I love them and would get another set if it weren't for the plastic headband - it's a design flaw)

* I also have a set of Bose Soundlinks: on-ear, BT, no ANC which I use for calls, general BT functionality, etc and I think they sound pretty good - not close to my PSBs but good enough.

Option #1: go to Home Depot, fashion a metal band for the PSBs, tape it on, and keep on using them, buy the new Tom Bihn Hero's Journey. Price ~$400

Option #2: Buy the PSBs again, but buy a SquareTrade warranty - that'll cover me for 3 years - total price is about what the Bose QC35s cost, $350

Option #3: Buy the QC35s, enjoy the better ANC and BT especially for flights, consolidate my flight headphones into one much smaller set, buy a square trade warranty. total price is about $400

HELP!