FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Query about being refused to fly
View Single Post
Old Sep 18, 2016, 4:43 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by craz
I flew into OSL last Tues morn, where my passport was stamped. I flew back to OSL from BGO(Bergen,domestic) then onto Vienna, then to Hamburg and finally from HAM to EWR. After showing my passport at OSL upon arrival the next time a non-airline personal wanted to see my PP was @ HAM before being let into the hold area at the far end of the F gates where my flight among a few others depart from.

At PP control @ HAM they did not stamp my PP for exiting but did check it and swipe it.

So it was if I arrived into JFK went thru CBP and flew all around the US before leaving the US = no PP needs to be shown except when checking in for a flight where Visas etc they dont check or care about, could be a DL would do as well. So the OP ran into trouble for having gone to IST or any place outside of the EU had they arranged a connection in any EU city they would have been fine, sort of like if you have a 1 entry into the US dont fly say LAX-MEX-JFK to get to NY.
All your destinations in Europe were in the Schengen area (Norway, Iceland and Switzerland are in the Schengen area even if outside the EU). Thus the Norwegian police did the border control for Austria and Germany as well. a quite different scenario than that of the OP who left the Schengen area (transiting in Turkey)