FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feeling even better now about not making super elite next year
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:46 pm
CloudsBelow

Typical AP FT thread.
Frequent flyer doesn't like the new floor AC (and many other airlines) have instituted to ensure their Super Elites are Super customers. Now, we can argue all day long about the validity/intelligence behind AC's new strategy, But intelligent posters cannot treat YOW-PHL-ORD-PEK as a similar experience to YOW-YYZ-PEK. They are entirely different products, so a comparison of price is silly. Similarly, An intelligent person would not compare the cost of a limo to the airport to a shuttle bus that stops as hotels along the way.

Originally Posted by YOWgary
Man, it's that ill-informed sarcasm that makes FT so attractive.
Please enlighten me where I'm ill-informed.
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Frankly, if one wants a better experience flying to China they should simply fly on CX - an experience that smokes all North American carriers, definitely including AC.
OP is driven by price, not convenience/travel experience
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Finally, Mr Rovinescu, let's be honest here. The OP isn't talking about a ~30% - 40% price difference as you suggest. AC's fare is near double what AA is asking, which makes the cost difference closer to 100%. This isn't exactly unusual these days either. Face it. Your pricing and your value proposition no longer align like they used to.
No HVC on this planet would take the OP's selected routing over AC's. If AC has enough customers who value their time/convenience/travel experience enough to justify the yield premium, Why in the world would they sell their offering anywhere near a double-connect through the USA?
Originally Posted by stinger
It's called being tough sitting behind a computer. In person it's difficult for him to talk with AC's **** in his mouth.
Oh hey, Edmonton is in the house. How are things at YEG?? Saw a few job postings YEGIAA looking for airline incentive cheque writers ... Sounds like a secure, life-long job. I'd like to apply, Mind if I use you as a reference?