FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YOW-YYZ-MYR flight on WS
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:02 am
YEGcg

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I have never flown on WS - but I am considering the option, as neither AC or UA (Star Alliance partner of AC) fly to Myrtle Beach.

I am considering buying the premium seat tickets.

Some questions:

1. How is the service on WS mainline vs WS Encore?
2. Can one use the Plaza Premium lounge located in the domestic section of T3; as there is no such lounge in the transborder section (I have an Canadian AMEX Platinum card, also a Priority Pass card). Of course, there would be no issues using the lounge on the way back.
3. The YYZ-MYR flight is approx 2.5 hours - which is the cutoff on the WS web site for at least getting a snack. Would there be a food snack, or not - on the YYZ-MYR flights?
4. WS does use TSA precheck now (I have nexus); I have to check if MYR uses TSA precheck.
5. Do WS employees or contracted employees check in passengers at MYR?
1/ As prev poster, service on <1hr flight on a Q400 is about the same whether it's WS or AC. You might get some extra perks if you buy a Plus ticket for your trip. (Keep in mind, with WS, those perks will only be provided if you choose your seats in the Plus section of the a/c. Seat selection with a Plus fare is free)

2/ PP lounge + time to get through customs = not sure (I don't know this equation for YYZ)

3/ I would hope that on a 2.5h flight you'll have something more than pretzels or twizzlers available. However, WS built its brand on low cost (and attracting customers who don't buy a lot aboard) so don't expect much. HOWEVER! Since you're flyibg out of YYZ to MYR, check the WS website for pre-order options. AC/UA don't do fresh food pre-order but WS does! (For select flights)

4/ Pre✔️ is only available in US airports. Not sure if it's even applicable to your MYRYYZ flight, since it's "international".

5/ Not a clue.