FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Litts tick-off Europe before Brexit- 1)Majorca- LHR-ZRH-PMI Swiss Euro Econ & Biz
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:13 pm
louislitt

Programs: Amex Centurion, B.A. Silver, Virgin Atlantic Gold, C.X. Diamond
The day of departure

Have any of you wonderful ladies and gentleman tried to go to sleep with what sounds like constant jungle noises being played in your ear?

Actually don't answer that, because I can almost guarantee someone saying that they have spent a night in an actual jungle, which makes this a moot point

Anyhow, lets back on topic, after falling asleep to animal noises, I awoke at 06:15, 15 minutes behind schedule and began sounding the trumpet to wake up the family, who struggled to wake up following their 3D jungle outing.

The home owner, was due at 07:45, leaving us an 1hr 30 to pack up the remainder of our stuff, eat breakfast and load the car, with the intention of being on the road for 08:15.

The view outside my window

What a stupid quote!

Breakfast, a left over pizza slice and a sprite

Bags ready to be loaded

Loading process

Whilst my parents finished their packing, my sister walked down to the recycling bins at the bottom of the road

Breathtaking... because of the smell of the recycling bins

Map of the street

I sat in the car, waiting for the lady to arrive.

She arrived with her mother, who she brought along because she had never met a Sikh or an indian for that matter, before! After speaking to her mother in basic spanish, paying the electiricy bill and receiving our security deposit, the Litts were back on the road. For one final time.

Our departure time was at 08:00. A full 15 minutes earlier than needed

Palma. Thats us today!

My breakfast drink

[img]https://c3.staticflickr.com/9/84[url=https://flic.kr/p/M7RGpW]

We needed to fill the car up as it was a full to full agreement and so we pulled up at a Repsol, 10 miles away from the airport to refuel. The time now is 08:45.

They had attendants to refuel the car, so there wasn't much we had to do

We headed back on the road at 08:50, a lot earlier than we needed to be, so decided to go into Aldi, to have a wander around. Yeah, we really were that early!

I thought this street art was actually really cool!

Welcome to Aldi...

After wandering into a completely empty Aldi, spending five minutes looking around, we were back on the road at 09:05

Aeropuerto

Air Europa

Thats us!

We found the check-in desks for Lufthansa Group and joined the business class check-in

We then had to take the escalators to security

Airplane Models outside security. I think all these airlines are defunct.

Who?

La Familia

An incredibly quick fast pass through security, had my turban

Whilst Mother Litt and Father Litt went through duty free, I tried to go to Burger King with Sister Litt

Sadly, my Father was venomously against me eating fries at 10 in the morning. Please don't judge, I am still a teenager after all

One thing I noticed was how many British Northerners there are in the airport. It was like I hadnt left England and was sat at Manchester Airport rather than in Palma! Another amusing observation that I noticed was that the Burger King was full of drunk teenagers flying home, who had clearly not done a Louis Litt and go to bed at a reasonable time, but decided to spend their final night on the strip and arrive at the airport hungover, and still slightly drunk

Anyhow, we proceeded to the Sala Formentor Lounge.

Sister Litt, decided that I was not worth talking to and decided to stick on her headphones. Rude!