FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bose QC35 Released: Wireless and USB Rechargeable
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:30 pm
PTravel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
PTravel, your discussion above makes me wish I had an easy way to listen to lossless audio and also hadn't ripped my entire CD collection to MP4.
By ripping to lossless FLAC, I can always "recreate" my collection if I need to. There's a free program called EAC (Exact Audio Copy) that does an excellent job, and it's fast.

Originally Posted by wco81
Most people don't care about lossless.
There are two kinds of people who don't care about lossless: those who haven't heard a comparison, and those who truly don't care about the quality of the audio they listen to. A lot of it depends on the kind of music you listen to. If your primary taste is hip hop, then lossy, low-bit rate MP3s played in Beats will do just fine. If, on the other hand, you prefer jazz and classical, then audio quality becomes considerably more important.

They certainly didn't care about all the higher quantization audio formats which attempted to displace the CD.
Just as Blue-ray isn't displacing DVD. That doesn't mean it isn't markedly better.

Convenience of wireless will gradually swing the marketshare towards wireless.
I have no idea why you think this is a binary situation. There has always been a market for high-quality audio, and there always will be. When I was growing up you could buy a one-piece "hi-fi" record player, or spend 10 or 20 times as much on components with direct-drive turntable and elliptical diamond-stylus cartridge. There were cartridges that cost more than most complete systems. And the difference was clearly audible.

If you're happy with the sound of SBC bluetooth, that's fine. Just don't expect everyone to share your particular tastes.