FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:50 pm
bostonpilot

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by Coathanger
I'm now also intrigued by the Barber Shop at the Madarin Oriental given the recommendation by bostonpilot.

Have had the traditional shave experience at Trumper's in Mayfair and also at Murdock near Covent Garden (it was in a Hackett store) and both were reasonably good, but not exceptional.
Sorry to the admins as this is off topic from HR TST, but I figured I needed to add to the topic a bit more.

If you do try the MO barber, the "Mandarin Shave" is excellent, but give yourself some time as it takes a while. Kumar is my guy there, been going to him for years, but you need to make an appointment a while ahead of time as he's a popular guy.

As ridiculous as it sounds, I've been molding my travel plans for years to give myself time to stop in the MO Barber and my tailor in Kowloon before heading to the airport on my last day of HK/China trips.

Mainland China for business, early evening arrival at the HR TST, drinks in the lounge, dinner in HK, early morning at the MO Barber, an American diner style breakfast at the "Flying Pan" in Wanchai, one last massage, and then off to the airport.....my normal way to wrap up a China business trip, highly refined through way too many weeks on the road for work over the past 20 years!

Like most things in HK, don't look at the price, and enjoy yourself.