FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Swap Request Horror Stories
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2016, 1:44 pm
rickg523
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CarolynUK

It was funny watching the behaviour of Mrs 1D though. She dumped her huge bag in the centre seat immediately the seatbelt light went off trying to stop me getting any benefit from it (didn't need it as I already had everything I needed for the flight), tried to obstruct the F&B service ( but the nice FA simply leaned round the bulkhead to hand me my drink and then my food tray), and refused to move to let me out for the loo - again the set up meant that I didn't actually need her to move, so all her attempts to make me uncomfortable and punish me for not giving in were absolutely wasted. Her infantile behaviour was not lost on other passengers in the cabin either, quite a few of whom laughed with me as we were waiting for our luggage. The cabin crew were also highly amused by her antics, as the chap who had thrown the middle seat squatter out rolled his eyes in her direction as I went back to my seat.
This is where I get really acerbic and start conversing with Mr. or Ms.Disgruntled. I start by telling them how GREAT MY SEAT IS. Perfectly located, I LOVE this seat. I'm so glad I was able to book this seat because I checked in early. I'm relentlessly upbeat and happy to be flying in response to their grumpy.
I continue along this line until I've completely and utterly swamped THEIR passive aggressive nonsense with some of my own. Usually takes about five minutes. After that, it's just another flight sitting next to a stranger.