FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Closing the Smoking Section Forum [Update: it will stay open]
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:47 am
ZenAndTheArt

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Solitaire PPS Club, RC Platinum
Originally Posted by taina2
I am a strong anti-smoker, but this is a good way for adults who have made a legal choice to find places that accommodate them. After all when they have a place for their enjoyment, none of us has to smell it.
Strong as in "muscular", and a non-smoker? I am confused. (Not a personal attack -Im simply the curious type). +1 to all the early posts by Bruce and many others. This is a niche forum -and serves a purpose to some, "flyers who talk" (online).

*What is to be gained by closing the thread? I'll donate $100 for server space costs out of principle.

Here's an analogy... I had a Plasma TV that needed repair. It was a limited-run TV, and there wasn't much info. available online. Low and behold after spending far too long searching various sites/threads/forums, I found a brief mention for the specific repair for my make & model TV. $20 piece and an hour soldering saved a $2000 TV. So, a "flyer who talks" wants to buy cigarettes in Singapore, or doesn't know where to find the lounge in DIA (for e.g.)... in time, this segmented thread will grow -i.e., hold value (as a community).

Does anyone remember Sarah Silverman on Bill Maher (years ago on Politically Incorrect?). The topic was a racial epithet laced joke she told on Conan. Guy Aoki was also a guest. Ergo, I end with, "I Love Smokers".

Peace out y'all. Keep on lifting the weights T2.