FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - REACTION, DISCUSSION: EQD, status tier, upgrade changes as of 6 Jun 2016
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:33 am
MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by nkedel
This just accelerates my plans to get to 2MM and quit the game; as long as they don't screw THAT up in the next 15 months or so, I'm good.

I've got 1.86MM right now, and 67,000 miles booked through next march. The annoying thing is that if I want to get to 2MM next year I will also have more than enough EQM to get a 3rd year of EXP in a row, but probably only enough EQD to make PLT (maybe Pro, depending on how much of that is work travel, but probably not.) Annoyingly, CX PEY -- which is great from a EQM perspective and even better from an EQD one -- is the least total MM miles.
I'm at just over 1.91 MM and doing the same. At least with PLT (assuming no changes to the MM program) I'll have MCE, an occassional upgrade and OW lounge access on International. Not sure what my work future looks like. It seems though more and more some travel is being replaced by video on demand. From November through late May when the weather is great in South Florida (no humidity warm without being hot) doing weekend MRs to places like Chicago make no sense.