FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impossible to Sleep on Aisle Seat on 777 Because Aisles Too Narrow
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:32 am
BigFlyer

The seat pitch of 31" is pretty standard on most airlines these days. I don't mind it all that much in aisle seats, and at 6'2" (188 cm), I'm almost Dutch size.

It think one of the reasons the legroom is fairly standard across carriers is that awareness of seat pitch has become more common among travelers over time. Thus, if KLM offered 30", word would get around and people might take their business elsewhere.

On the other hand, I think seat width is off most people's radar. Looking at Seatguru, it appears that both the KLM 777 with 9 across and 10 across have the same seat widths - 17.5". Which would mean that the extra room for the extra seat is taken away from aisle width. Per Seatguru, the United 777 with 9 across has 18" seats (I guess that makes sense, the Dutch may be taller but the Americans are fatter.

Originally Posted by caliform
In general I feel like KLM would do its image wonders if they went for a bit less density. 31" average seat pitch with people of Dutch sizes (i.e. 6ft and up) is painful to watch on any transatlantic flight.