FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Card
Thread: Premier Card
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2016, 4:32 am
drsabs

Ahh right yes, I took it to mean that they would give the card to procurement directors. If it's CEOs and chairmans who get it, then yes it's easier to avoid conflict (though a chairman may not appreaciate being asked to give up his card by an upstart procurement person negotiating a new airline deal, and staff would be well aware of this.)

But yes, as you say this kind of thing could be (and is) managed by businesses on a daily basis.

Originally Posted by chris1979
I also thought a Premier Card was more likely to be given to the CEO / Chairman (e.g. of a FTSE100 company) rather than the Procurement Director and I suspect most CEOs of FTSE100 companies do not get involved in procurement / travel contract negotiations.

agreed, it's a much more obvious 'conflict' if the procurement director were to given a Premier card.

managing potential conflicts of interest if part of any business though - there was a question raised at some point of whether I should declare the fact that I am Chair of the Finance Committee and Vice Chair of the Governing Body at a school but I managed to explain that there was no potential conflict.

I do have to log gifts & hospitality though even if declined.