FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for new restaurants/ buffets
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:47 pm
evergrn

Originally Posted by TravelDream
I'm looking primarily for dinner, rather than lunch and breakfast. My lunch budget would be 250 max haha.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try looking again at OpenRice.
I've tried Cafe on M and it was good, not sure it was worth the price though. Not tried Yamm, so that's one to look at.
Okay, I don't know of any great lunch buffet for <$250. But there's a bunch for ~$300 in TST. Among those, I like Cafe on M and Yamm the most and you should go to their websites to see if they offer any coupons.

$500 budget for dinner buffets is tight if you want one that will blow you away, but there's a lot of great places in TST that run only slightly above that.

If you have certain types of credit card, there's 10-20% discount at Cafe on M. I actually think Cafe on M is worth the price. I think Cafe Kool is slightly more expensive and offers more selections for dinner, but then Cafe on M seems to be more abundant with the premium items (lobsters, crab legs, think they also had suckling pig the last time I went). IC's Harbourside is better but way pricier.

Mind you, I usually stick to 4.5~5-star hotels for sleeping and dining in HKG. So it's possible there're cheaper places that are excellent. If there's a place like that, I'd like to know about it. Hotels like BP International and Eaton will have buffets that probably meet your budget, so you could read up on their reviews. But from my limited experiences with cheaper buffets, you sort of get what you pay for.