FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel News Forum: close, re-purpose or merge with TravelBuzz?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:47 am
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Sigh.

It has a group of regular posters and readers who post interesting articles and enjoy discussing. It has a long history and has returned to its roots in a structure similar to when the forum was first conceived long ago by Randy Petersen.

Are IB's servers running out of room? Is there some reason a Senior Moderator needs to regularly seek to do in this particular forum? This repeated call does seem to suggest there is some other agenda at work. There are more than a few forums that have less activity than Travel News and, fortunately, I see no one calling for shuttering them.

Sigh.
That is not the point. The point is that these topics are better suited elsewhere UNLIKE, i.e., smoking forum posts. They would get much more traction elsewhere. They would have better discussion elsewhere.

A post discussing, i.e., the resurgence of the "free inflight snack in Y" (pick a random topic) is a good Travel Buzz topic, but a link to an article discussing the resurgence of the "Free inflight snack in Y" is better suited for Travel News, as long as one discusses the article? I think it an absurd distinction, and necessarily results in double posting on the topic, should one not want to discuss linked news articles, but rather, the "resurgence of free inflight snacks," generally.

Every other forum has a discrete subject matter mission. TN, not so much.