FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for new restaurants/ buffets
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:07 pm
evergrn

Originally Posted by TravelDream
I'm looking for some sort of buffet place. My price range is a bit broad $250-$500 depending on the occasion. Does anyone have any ideas.
^
For that price range, possibilities are endless. So it's tough to answer the question unless you're more specific on the preferences. Are you looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea buffet? Unless you're talking about dinner buffet, just about every buffet at even 5-star hotels will be <$500.

On the HK side, I'm mostly only familiar with buffets at the three Admiralty hotels, but Cafe Too is my favorite for breakfast & lunch. On the Kowloon side, Cafe Kool is my favorite for breakfast. For lunch/dinner, Yamm (Mira), Cafe on M (G.Stanford), Osteria (HI - lunch only with antipasto/crabs/dessert) are some of the good ones. I tend to do buffets more on the Kowloon side, because it's quite a bit cheaper for the same quality. Plus places like Yamm and Cafe on M often offer online coupons.

But since you live in HK, you've probably been to a lot of these places already, no?

When it comes to buffet prices, I actually find that Openrice's listed prices are usually accurate. The only time when there's discrepancy is around the Holiday season (sometimes the entire month of Dec) when places jack up the price using Holiday as the reason.