FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo Fiasco
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:45 pm
AlohaDaveKennedy

Programs: Several dozen
See my earlier comment. AMEX is denying spending without receiving the level of sales detail to determine what was bought. If I were to buy a $500 Barnes and Noble gift card for my kiddo in college to use in his bookstore that is absolutely playing by AMEX identified rules. But if AMEX denies the spending because it assumes the purchase was for a $500 prepaid debit card, then I say put the management in stocks and fire away with the rotten cabbages and tomatoes. How dare banksters give the stink eye in such a situation when they incentivize fraud by employees and give fraud the blind eye. Or have we forgotten AMEX's past fines for money laundering and violation of consumer protection laws? As I recall Chase and BoA were both fined for money laundering and TD for a Ponzi scheme. If you put these institutions on a pedestal the mob will only have an easier target to hit with those rotten veggies.

BTW Harleyn , would you happen to know the size of the bonus top Well Fargo management received during the time this fiasco was going on? That $155M in performance pay to John Stumpf would buy quite a few trainloads of rotten cabbages for my trebuchet.

Originally Posted by harleyn
One has nothing to do with the other.

First and foremost, WF has been accused of acts that warrant a much heavier penalty in my opinion. With that said, there is nothing thus far to indicate that any other bank participated in this. I have multiple accounts at Chase bofa and TD and have never had an unrequested account opened.

Reigning in credit card churning, a process in which one customer manipulates the rules to their benefit, usually via MS, is prudent management on the part of banks. If you consider things like this, or asking a customer to pay their mortgage harassment that is truly sad.

Last edited by AlohaDaveKennedy; Sep 9, 2016 at 10:03 pm