FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Merigot Santa Monica, CA (former JW) [Master Thread]
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:32 am
Marko123

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by holocker
I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this property recently and can offer any good or bad. Thinking of a reward stay as a Platinum member.
Thanks
Yes, we stayed a couple months ago for 2 nights on the way back from Hawaii. Overall it was a positive experience. I had read some reviews that the rooms were dated but the one we got was pretty modern so maybe they updated them recently.

Don't worry about the views. Even the best rooms facing the ocean have a much bigger building right in front blocking your view so I wouldn't make that a priority.

When I mentioned it was our honeymoon they did the whole champagne and chocolate covered strawberries bit so that was nice.

One small issue was with the breakfast coupons for Plat. If you get them just be careful and ask for clarification again and again if you need it. They are only good for the "continental breakfast" which IMO they need to define specifically what that means. The host said we could get whatever we wanted and I thought that meant hot food too. I've seen oatmeal, eggs, and other hot items on "continental breakfasts." So I was pretty surprised when I got a bill for $30 after getting a bagel and 2 pieces of bacon He worked it out in the end but it made for some awkward moments between us and the waitress.

There weren't many restaurants within walking distance but it's great for beach access and close to the pier too. Hope this helps.