FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Fare deals (J and F)
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:17 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ianfly
Better food but still pretty awful.

Last week I had "chicken and waffles" for breakfast and on the return I had "chicken sliders"

I tried them both but to me that is not food. I'm not sure what the food is like in F but it's definitely for the American market
Tobias-UK also reported getting the flight with chicken sliders on transcons which sounds pathetic indeed. For the rest, however, based on my own experience which thankfully avoided that particular menu, I can't agree that the food is pretty awful. I typically find it quite good and like the AA transcon breakfasts much better than the BA ones (even the slightly more generous band 4 ones).

I should also add that the new menus for September look like some of the best to date and correspond to AA introducing their new menus on transcons and international flights (having done so on Hawaii flights already and waiting for them to come on domestics which should be in the Autumn), so from that point of view, I'd say that until those new menus come to domestic, the differential will be even bigger between premium transcons and regular domestics food wise.