FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Fare deals (J and F)
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:04 am
Charlie26r

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by catharsis
Just to assist with the decision, can anyone provide feedback on the choice between F on an old LH 767 versus J on the A321T when flying AA?

AS I see it the acceptable ways across the US in AA are the 767 MIA-LAX in F, ( and possibly the 777 MIA-LAX in J?), and the A321T in J.

Can anyone compare/contrast these?

My feedback on the 767 is that while a flat bed is nice and you do get the extra 70TP each way, the lack of direct aisle access and single-aisle config mean that you will inevitably have someone climbing over you or asking you to 'unrecline' your chair, or you will have to clamber over someone, and the flat seat is a little old-fashioned and uncomfortable (worse than CW!!!!) but still way preferable to any 'domestic F' offering in the US.

I have no experience of the A321T - and I'm not certain whether the MIA-LAX 777 is the 77W or another config.

(obviously if the 77W then this is probably the best biz seat around so a great option of the TP points are not needed)
Look forward to expert opinions on this catharsis. Lots of options to link up to my PTY run and it's not until next July, so I've lots of options to consider and time for (hopefully) sales to make an appearance. Torn between sacrificing TP'S for the sake of more luxury- although I won't knock domestic F too much.