FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:03 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by haasha
I sure there is a very sophisticated selection process with weeks of planning. Something like on Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun take the first bottle from shelves 1-5 and the other days from shelves 6-10.
Actually, the CCR wine list is usually quite stable and I believe that the full monthly list is normally available, but it seems that GGLWannabe did not get the full provision because of the time, where extremely few people will typically order wine (even though Champagne is typically flowing already so it is not about alcohol per se). In that case, I imagine that the bartenders are the ones seeing what is already open or what they might be willing to open already.

In GF however, wines rotate daily and I believe several times during the day, and matches often seen random, e.g. if things haven't changed, you may have three Bordeaux on one day but not a single French wine the next. No clue if there is any logic or if it is just random.