FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dear TK
Thread: Dear TK
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:50 am
Dover2Golf
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by hfly
Dover 2 Golf. I suppose that it really has to do with how often you are flying them. I rarely transit IST, so am not going to comment on that, however I can tell you that while over the last 5 years they have improved remote stand CIP buses, I can say very strongly that their "success" in providing them in anything approaching a useful manner is at best 50/50. They may in fact have a CIP bus show up 65% of the time, however as mentioned above and many times of FT, if that bus is then swamped by Econ pax, because they are first out the door or evenly interspersed with Biz pax, or once the Biz pax have boarded, they leave the doors open and load it up to the doors with another 30 Econ pax or so, then the service is next to useless. So they only effectively provide this service maybe 30% of the time. Worse, when they send one CIP bus and there is an MP (or whoever on th eplane) and they block the Biz pax from getting on and then send it off with the lone "VIP" and jam everyone on the normal buses.

Which BTW is interesting as IST ground operations are more than capable of sending MULTIPLE VIP buses out with people from the VIP lounges on departure and arrival...but their lounge does stink.

I notice that you mentioned QR, that IS an airline that in my experience was/has always been able to provide such buses on arrival and departure.
I note you rarely transit IST but you think the record of buses for C is poor at best 50/50.

I transit IST at least once a month and often as many as three times and I think their record is about 95%. I've never seen the crew allow an economy passenger to leave the aircraft before the C bus has pulled away.