FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles & More eVoucher upgrade Questions [merged Q&A]
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:25 am
MosquesAndKebabs

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by davidcito
Hi,

waitlisting should work. I was sitting on WL for 4 months until the upgrade cleared 4 days before the flight.

Upon checkIn at the airport, they actually asked me if I was interested in volunteering to be downgraded as they had oversold C. Offer was 1500 EUR for PVG-MUC (C->PE downgrade), which I considered a decent offer. Turned out that in the end several C pax did not show up and I did not have to get downgraded .
I caled up M&M (India) to waitlist the upgrade, for what I thought was going to be an easy process.

The agent seems absolutely clueless. To begin with, she was sure that its not possible to upgrade from Premium Economy to Business with miles/evoucher (??!!). After I convinced her that it is and I did it for the inbound, she begrudingly 'checked' her system. And apparently the system didn't allow her either. The long haul legs are both in the exact same class (E) so nothing makes sense here.

I clarified if it was a case of not being able to waitlist, but she confirmed she can waitlist with no problem if any upgrade is possible within the classes. The most inept agent I've ever come across. Had to finally hang up after 15 mins of arguing. Seems I have to call back tomorrow to speak to a supervisor (what?!).