FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience with justfly.com?
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:20 am
char777

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by EmptyKim
This thread has more first post members than any other thread I've seen on FT. Does anyone really have first hand experience with JustFly? No need to argue ticket changes and such. Just straight up booking and flying experience.
I booked a ticket with them about a year ago. I was looking to book DEN-IAD-BRU-LYS, BRU-JFK-SFO on a specific combination of UA and SN. Looking on Kayak, Justfly was $30 cheaper, and whenever I'd try to click through to the UA site to book, UA gave me an error. Oh well, I thought. I'll just save $30 and book on here. It can't be any worse than Orbitz, right?

I entered my credit card information, submitted everything, and I was "confirmed." Well, I don't think I was ever emailed anything, and it didn't ticket right away. I also noticed shortly afterward that one of my flights was different — instead of flying IAD-BRU on SN as I anticipated, Justfly booked me on UA, forcing me on a layover that was either way too long or way too short (I can't remember which now). Maybe I just wasn't paying attention when I was finally booking it on Justfly, but I had a very deliberate routing I wanted to take, and I didn't want to mess around with a site that was already looking pretty dodgy. It's not worth booking on something you've never heard of and doesn't even have a clear address on where the business is based.

I read through Justfly's terms and conditions and started to panic, especially after seeing the $250 change fee and a bunch of other crazy stipulations. I was able to call, and because it hadn't been ticketed yet, they did a "one-time" cancellation without any penalty. I consider myself lucky to have gotten out of it relatively easily. To be fair, I don't remember the phone agent being overly difficult, but I think I was in a very rare case when I immediately saw issues and was able to reverse it before my credit card was ever charged.

In the end, I think it's always worth it to book directly with airlines unless if the agency is reputable (Orbitz, Expedia, etc.) and the discount is worth the extra hassle and potential issues during IRROPS.