FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong versus IC Grand Stanford comparison
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:12 am
evergrn

I can't speak to the Ambassador benefits (which have been thoroughly covered anyways), since I'm not one. But in general, I'll choose IC any day over GS. First off, GS is a little too far from the MTR (Tsuen Wan). Lobby to platform, it takes a few minutes longer from GS vs IC. Also, the pool/jacuzzi... incomparably bigger at IC, not to mention the endless jacuzzi. Then, the view... even the best harbour-view room at GS will not let you see any skyline west of Admiralty. Service at IC is unbelievable... I'm just a Platinum, but they seem to leave you some sort of a surprise at least once during the stay (dessert, gingerbread house, etc). Also, many of the standard and side harbor-view rooms at GS are pretty small.

On the other hand, if you're on a tight budget but have to have harbour-view, then GS is definitely worth considering. I've seen <2000HKD, even though those are side harbour-view and you're really getting a poor man's harbour view.

Also, Cafe on M is an excellent buffet choice. I find IC's Harbourside unaffordable. I don't think it's overpriced, because you get the harbour view and the selection there is amazing, more than Cafe M. But Cafe M is more affordable for lunch/dinner, just as tasty imo, and has all the essentials.

Originally Posted by Kaix
J
- The wait for a taxi at IC-HK can be ridiculous. When I have meetings in the morning, the last thing I want to do is wait around for a taxi and risk being late. I have literally walked to the office more than once due to this. IC-GS does not have this problem; there are always taxis available in my experience.

- IC-GS has a lot of great restaurants and bars within close walking distance. Banks (ATMs), 7-11, etc. all close by. IC-HK is a bit isolated, set back kind of far from the main street, and not as convenient to get out and find dinner off-site.
Hmm I don't recall problems with taxis at IC. Mind you, it sounds like you stay there all the time, so you probably have a lot more data points than I. IC does feel isolated, but it's actually very quick to get to the shops and dining. I timed myself from the IC lobby to Sogo (now below Sheraton)... only 4 minutes.

Last edited by evergrn; Sep 7, 2016 at 12:21 am