FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:47 am
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by stargold
You're probably the only person I know who would prefer the Regency Suite at HR vs. Grand Suite at GH
Originally Posted by baser1000
I have both the HR TST (DSU upgraded room) and GH (regular room) reserved because I can't decide between the two. Which do I choose?
I'd pick HR TST over the GH any day, especially because we're comparing DSU suite at HR TST to standard room at GH. In fact, I'd take a xx08 or xx23 corner room at HR TST over a standard room at GH. I'm sure I'm not the only one who routinely gets great treatment from HR TST, while having to beg for a harbor view at GH (and often get a no-view room).

Originally Posted by stargold
HR location is probably better if you're wanting more time in TST. For Central, GH is still preferable.
I see this posted a lot, and I always scratch my head. It takes 5 minutes on the MTR from TST to Central stations. The GH is in a much worse location when it comes to walking or public transportation. It's fine if you stay there for business and go everywhere by car. But for a tourist who wants to explore on foot and by public transportation, the location isn't spectacular.