FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:37 am
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Got stuck in one for 15+ minutes, by myself.
Elevator phone didn't work. At the time it stuck it made a loud crashing sound.
It was very hot in there.
Oh man. . . flashbacks.

We were 30-45 minutes, as I recall. Two of us with four Japanese people who didn't speak a word of English. Two of them in their 90s. We were all headed to breakfast. Loud crashing sound, followed by jerks up a half a floor, then down a half a floor. A little mini 'Tower of Terror.' Then it stopped between two floors. The air went off and it got incredibly hot. Phone didn't work. I was pushing the bell periodically (in between trying to find my happy place through meditation) and a fireman was finally yelling at us from the floor above or below us. Then the elevator suddenly re-started, kicked a couple times, moved a bit and then opened on a floor. We bailed out and hiked back up the stairs to our room. No more interest in breakfast. I cannot imagine that experience in a packed elevator (which is what started all this). I will absolutely never be in that situation at this property, and have walked off a packed elevator several times since. And have never again been on that particular elevator.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.