FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Private Mint suite: so so experience
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:18 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
= fail.
How so? There is a reclined position, just like on the B/E Diamond seat used on AA, UA & DL in biz for most of their transcons. The few that don't have that are on DL and are very similar to the Vantage seat B6 uses IIRC.

You can do that from any seat.
Not with multiple plugs and space to set a laptop up on the side like that.

I think Mint has been hyped too much by bloggers. I expected something like TATL J/F. No way it is like that. Sure, it's better then domestic F, but at least my back does not get hurt from a domestic F seat.
It is, at worst, a comparable seat to all the other TCON biz products. I like the food service setup better than what I've had on DL/UA TCONs; haven't flown AA in long enough that I cannot reliably compare. I'll trade AVOD for fast, functional, free wifi. And I think the service is WAY better on B6. It comes up short on the ground experience, assuming lounge time is something you care about.

What TATL products would you be comparing it to? Because UA, DL & AA have very similar seats and meals on their TCON and TATL J products. AA still has a ton of angle-flat and recliner seats flying TATL.

The fact that it brought the price down to something I can afford from time to time also helps, but I do not believe it is worse than the others at comparable price points.