FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Broken seat in J
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2016, 10:49 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by willmatt
Consistent and fair would include, for example, providing the same advertised seat "which converts into a fully flat bed" and which actually functions for all the customers who bought a ticket in the club world cabin.

Can't think of anything less fair or more inconsistent than one passenger who paid for a ticket but can't do this.
I think that's a very good point, not that it will cut much ice with Customer Relations, who I suspect are acting under heavy orders, with which I suspect they disagree, to restrict everything to 5K, or 10K if it's really terrible or GGL. It's a bit rich to get lectures on consistency and fairness from that quarter.

Indeed the issue of being consistent and fair is poppycock given that circumstances and context are never comparable. A day flight to JFK is a very different matter to a passenger going from provincial Mexico, via a difficult connection at MEX and then overnight to LHR, to take 2 very different examples, even though the fares could be quite similar.

What we will need is more people, like this OP here, willing to take BA on through other channels, to see what happens. Perhaps this is worth its own "customer relations and after" thread at some point, though just right now I think we are lacking in examples.