FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY RT $702 in A/J 18.9K EQMs
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:57 am
Smiley90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by RedwoodA320
Just an awesome little update on this:

In light of the travel waiver for JFK (which surprisingly works for me even though I booked on Sept 2), I called last night in hopes of doing something about the MIA-BOS leg. Departing MIA at 7am, it was way too early for my liking.

A small win: I was able to switch to MIA-JFK on flight 65 (departing 1:10 pm, arriving JFK at 4:00pm) in A on the 763. Much better timing and much better plane than the 757.

A big win: I was also able to swap BOS-JFK (originally booked in I) and JFK-LAX (originally booked in I) for JFK-LAX. I moved to an earlier flight, so I don't get back at 1:45am anymore! Even better, she (accidentally? Intentionally? Cluelessly?) booked my into A for JFK-LAX, so instead of flying business on the return, I'll be flying first on the 321T! No fee or fare difference due to the travel waiver! It doubt it's for operational reasons either because biz is wide open on that flight!

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited. I'd swap BOS-JFK in 321T F for JFK-LAX in 321T F any day of the week!
Congratz, that's pretty fortunate! Enjoy!