FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbnb- mice and cockroaches
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2016, 4:13 pm
skaya
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by Bakpapier
Why did your relatives not book for themselves?

<deleted text from original by moderator>

Even so I find it hard to believe that nobody in the party of 8 was unable to book for them. It's your responsibility to read the terms and conditions before you accept them so I find it hard to have pity for you in this case.

Nevertheless you can hardly expect a group of 10 people to leave the accomodation within 24 hours after arrival and find something else. What did airbnb say when you called them right upon arrival at your accomodation and discovery of the faults (other than the vemrin which was discovered later)?
I guess they are in your league how you misread my facts.

Other than that it was 2, not 8-10 on my booking. Im not sure you understand the basics of Airbnb, where you mostly live with the host, and often other guests. Thus the 8-10 is an estimate of the permanent residents, my 2, and the other guests. Any my two relatives are elderly retired. They asked me to look for some accomodation for them. Due to my travel experience, and partly web and language skills. Include a rather cumbersome registration and verification process for new customers.
There is no doubt its my obligation to read the terms, however;
-even on my local domain where everything is in local language, the terms are only in english legalese.
-not all terms are enforceable vs consumers, especially in the EU
-two pieces in the terms are under question;
1. booking for someone else prohibited as you the contract party should be able to rely on reviews, but in this case the host specifically approved it
2. complaints before 24h, but thats impossible when the facts that you complain about materialize after 24h. Being the dogmatic you are, you probably mean that if you are locked out after 24h its too late to complain as its after set deadline, despite having paid for whatever length?

As I stated the main reasons for complaint were discovered more than 24h after check in. Thus no call was made. Normally you dont call either, as they dont really easily provide you a number to call IME, but rather rely on written notes in the app. The two guests didnt have the app, as that was in my name. And there was literally nothing else availble in the city of approx 200 000 people, so leaving or asking for someting else wouldnt have helped, given the city had probably 100K guests that week.

Last edited by EmailKid; Sep 4, 2016 at 6:59 pm