FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong versus IC Grand Stanford comparison
Old Sep 4, 2016, 1:37 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by hclee01
Hi

I will be in HK this weekend.

Just checking as RA, how are the ICs to accommodate late check-out at 5pm? I have tried previously at IC GS and they have given me at 5pm (as an exceptional gesture) given that the rooms are not full.

Not too sure if these have changed for IC GS and if IC HK will accommodate such requests.

Thanks!
As RA at IC-GS the room upgrade is poorer, and even is just choice of upgrade/lounge, so the hotel has many more room of type you occupy to incoming guests if you occupy past 4pm, so IC-GS 5pm checkout is not directly ccomparable with IC-HK

Post 4pm checkouts are not simply a question of rooms not sold (low occupancy) but that after you vacate room it needs to be cleaned/refreshed
I think at IC-HK you should politely ask lounge manager to stay in lounge 1500 onwards until you need leave.

At IC-HK as RA you are also in one of the better room types hotel has far less numbers of, and room is thus more likeley to be needed for an incoming Amb/RA guest. Having your nice room at IC-HK increases need for hotel to refuse extended checkouts.

No hotel employs round he clock cleaning staff and it coud well be the room-maid for the block of rooms that includes yours is waiting around from 3pm-4pm and idle purely to clean your room when normally she'd have finised and gone home.

nb
Where an IC has a lounge, eg as ICHK and I have the best Dlx JS in middle of floor, I will vacate my room by 1430 and wait in lounge till eg 5pm 6pm, 8pm, most ICs are very flexible especially when one doesn't hog a nice room to 16:15.
I try to remember if I extend checkout past 4pm I am likely blocking another RA checking in later afternoon.