FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Gent / Ghent (Master Thread)
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:00 pm
NotYouTu

So... we stayed there. We did get upgraded to an executive room due to status, but the lounge is closed on the days we were there (Fri-Sun). Room was fine, bed was good. Resturant... no.

Went in for breakfast (which I forgot to add to the reservation) and stood for 5 minutes, no one to check you... screw it, sat down with family, I figured they'd come over to us and ask for the room number (never did). First stop, coffee... glass was dirty, pieces of food stuck to it... grab another, same... repeat 7 times until I find a clean mug. Same with the spoons. Turns out, that was a waste of time, undrinkable turpentine calling itself coffee. Breakfast food was ...., crap scrambled eggs, burnt rubbery bacon, etc. Sad excuse for a breakfast (at a place that labels itself 4 stars), maybe 6 hot items and none worth eating.

Room was fine, desk staff were friendly, food is terrible. I like food, and hotel breakfast is a must for me (also lazy in the morning) so this hotel is a no for me. If you just need a decent room, it's not a bad hotel. Tram is about 200m walk away, takes 15-20 minutes to get to the city center. Not the best location, but unlike the majority of the places in city center this one has parking (10 euro/day, but they didn't charge me).