FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage/Interline Agreements
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:51 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gooselee
I'll add my own story. Was flying SYD-LAX-DTW and then DTW-ATL on a separate ticket. All DL marketed, operated, and ticketed.

Agent in SYD would only check my bags through to DTW, saying that it was too early to check anything for the DTW-ATL flight. Indeed, it was still 24.5 hrs before our DTW-ATL departure time, but she held her ground even after I clarified that I didn't need to check in for the flight yet, I just needed my bag tagged all the way through. And I wasn't about to wait around another 30 mins to see if they changed anything.

No big deal as we just got them retagged after customs in LAX, but was this really something she couldn't do, or could she have done it and just chose not to extend the effort?
I think the agent was confused by the fact that you can't check bags through on any airline with a 24hr or greater time between flights. Hours before departure isn't what matters, the layover time does. Only other issue is if greater then 12hrs between DL flights it should reject.