FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefits of a Citigold account? [consolidated]
Old Sep 2, 2016, 4:08 pm
akr1970akr

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
It will likely not be waived since it was a grandfathered benefit for CitiGold. Unless you maintain the CitiGold level you will lose that benefit. I'm in the same boat as you. When the annual fee hits - I'll be cancelling.
Don't freak out quite yet. Sometimes when things get grandfathered in their system the new structures don't always catch up.

Just keep an eye on your statements to see if it hits.

I've decided to try and stay Citigold so moved some assets over to bump me up from CitiPriority to Citigold. It will cost me an $50 ACAT fee from the brokerage firm where they sit at currently. We'll try it out.

FWIW, the Citi concierge associated with the Prestige card really bailed us out in a jam a few weeks ago. We had just gotten caught in a storm with two dying cell phones, and two crying babies, and there were no hotels to be had. Called them up and they found us a hotel, not too far away, and under the circumstances it was a great use of that benefit, which I'd never harnessed before.