FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A day trip to Iguazu Falls on LATAM
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:57 pm
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The plan.

I had one day free before the start of the wine and steak meet up in Buenos Aires.

It was simple: Take the earliest flight of the day from AEP (the downtown, principally domestic airport), be first off the plane and take a taxi to the nearby Iguazu National Park, spend a few hours walking around, admiring the beauty, taking pictures, posing for selfies and other sundry essentials, and then taxi back to the airport shortly before the last flight of the day back to AEP.

In essence: one day in Iguazu, to get a flavour of the place, and no need to get a hotel room nearby nor drag my luggage all the way there and back.

I decided to fly on LATAM Argentina (formerly LAN Argentina) because, as a oneworld member, purchasing the flights with British Airways Avios was in my calculation an excellent deal compared to the revenue price. However, the earliest flight gets in at 11:00 and the latest leaves at 15:50, so it doesn’t leave a lot of time at the park. (I remembered belatedly that I had a stash of unused miles in the Air France Flying Blue scheme that perhaps I could have spent on an Aerolíneas Argentina flight, which were much more convenient time-wise, but it was all booked at that point.)

Several people have suggested that the better view is from the Brazilian side, but unfortunately I think getting over there and back in the time I had was too ambitious. Perhaps another time.

Last edited by Calchas; Mar 28, 2018 at 5:09 am