FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HA most unforgiving airline?
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:49 am
toadman

Originally Posted by KatW
Another example of HA inflexibility:

Last February, we were delayed on an HA morning flight, SFO/HNL. It took off finally, SEVEN HOURS later. Upon disembarking we were given a measly $200 coupon for use on a future flight. A paltry sum were I ever to fly this airline again which I will not.
Had same scenario in April OGG-SEA. We were given a single voucher for $200. They did not offer up anything at the gate, which was not manned until about an hour before the flight was rescheduled to dept. We asked about getting some kind of meal voucher, which they begrudgingly gave - $10 pp. Not much to eat at OGG anyway.

We are flying AS SEA-HNL end of Sept. and then HA on the return, and using the $200 voucher. Which basically paid 75% of one OW ticket back to Seattle. We shall see how things go. But was not impressed with HA and their poor handling of our 7+ hr delayed flight.

I do like the Airbus A330. Beats the AS 737, and the comfort seats were nice which we paid on the outbound portion of our flight. (Not as good as DL's economy comfort IMO) I upgraded to the comfort seats on the return this upcoming flt as well, so fingers crossed that all goes smoothly on this trip, or it might be last time we fly HA.