FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza BOG
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:37 pm
EuroUA1k

Programs: UA-MM/Ex1K/GS; AA-EXP; IHG-Plat/ExRA; HiltonGold; *WoodGold; HyattPlat; BW-Dmd; MarriottGold; LoveU2
This Property Left IHG/De-Branded Crowne Plaza January 31

Hello Beckoa,

Thanks for your extensive review of this property. When did you actually stay there?

As far as I know, this property left the IHG Brand on January 31 of this year. The Crowne Plaza Name/Branding has been completely removed from the building's outside and the Tequendama Hotel Group, owned by the Colombian Military/Government as majority stake holder, announced their 'independence' from IHG on their website.

Sadly, the only IHG Brands/properties left in Bogota now are the Holiday Inn at the airport and two Holiday Inn Express hotels, franchised/run by the well managed OXO Hotels Group. My favorite, the Zona Financiera HI-Express and the HI-Express at Parque 93.

There is no longer any 4- or 5 Star IHG Property in Bogota and there seems to be no plan/announcement to replace the M.I.A. Crowne Plaza Tequendama.
IHG is really missing out against the very active/aggressive competition of Starwood, Hilton and Marriott there. As a Spire Elite Member i feel kind of 'abandoned'. Despite the excellent standards and services offered by the HI-Express Zona Financiera.

I have stayed at the Tequendama Hotel a few times, when they still were with IHG, they welcomed Elite Members always warmly and gave full upgrade and other recognition.

Your noticing of extra/active security at the Tequendama Hotel complex has been regular and 'normal' in the past as well. They regularly host high level/high profile Military and Government Guests and Meetings at the hotel, as it its majority stake holder is the well financed (in big parts by US Tax Payer Drug War Funds) Colombian Military.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay there.

Please let me/us know when your actual stay/visit to the hotel was.

Many Thanks

Last edited by EuroUA1k; Sep 1, 2016 at 7:43 pm Reason: Spelling