FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Our week in Ireland via Air France La Première
Old Sep 1, 2016, 4:08 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Well done, Sir! I've just finished with the heli transfer to Ashford on your website. The scenery was gorgeous and to avoid a 5 hour car transfer was absolute brilliance! I can only hope that you'll be avoiding the 380 on your return...please tell me there's another 77W in our reading future?!
Thank you NoLaGent. No 380 on the return, but I'll save the embarrassing details for that installment.

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
I'm really enjoying your trip report & can't wait for the next instalment. However, I'm must confess that despite being a native of 35 years I haven't seen much of the areas in your report. Shame on me, they look fantastic & highlight the outstanding beauty & genuine warmth Ireland has to offer
Thanks so much andymcdonnell. There is just so much natural beauty in Ireland. Beautiful.

Originally Posted by Bretteee
How did you arrange the car / driver / guide to Killarney?
It was part of the entire package and was arranged thru our Virtuoso TA.

Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Oh Boy!! Many thanks for yet another amazing TR. Stumbled across it now - been hiding in the African Bushveld for a few days to recharge my batteries. Have not read your blog, but I hope that the weather has treated you well and that the trip is turning out great.
^^
Thanks very much roadwarrier. Hope you had an nice time in the Bushveld.

Originally Posted by Garvey6
Mr. SFO777, I'm not a huge poster here on FT (more of a voyeur). Been following your TR's for years and am a big fan of yours here in Chicago. My friends were just at Ballyfin and shared many of the same positive impressions as you. I forwarded them a link to your TR.
And please keep being as candid and honest as possible - frankly its what makes your TR's so awesome.
Thank you Garvey6 for your kind comments. They are much appreciated.

Originally Posted by dr4881
Thank you for this great trip report. (And all of your reports). I retired this year after 28 years of service at an airline with all those years in inflight service and management. It's nice to read experiences with an appreciation for superior customer service onboard, which, unfortunately, is often rare these days.
Thanks so much dr4881. Great service in the air is indeed alive and well, just a little harder to find than years ago.