FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The main course pre-order choice thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:39 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Based on a few people making enthusiastic comments on a dish I thought unmemorable, I decided to have the seabass with crab and watermelon again yesterday.

If that second attempt changed my mind, that was for the worse. Seabass was quite thin and left with soggy skin on (I like crisp grilled seabass skin, but soggy steamed stuff really belongs to the rubbish bin), hollandaise was the ready made type, watermelon was incongruous, and crab was overpowered by the too many other things on the plate. Worse, however, were the two asparagus elements (the whole ones and the pureed ones) which were decidedly bitter and unpleasant. Not a nice experience.

Tried my partner's main course tuna salad. Tuna was good but leaves were limp, grains salad seem to have a whole field of onions in them, and toasted corn reminded me of the kernels that don't pop in microwave popcorn, hard and somehow failed...

The salmon cannelloni was very salty, and the white asparagus soup one of the only disappointing F soups that I can remember despite being so tempting on paper. On the plus side, the hot salted caramel chocolate pudding was delicious.