FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:39 pm
fanofwigs

EDIT: Other than the first two sentences, this post was just for fun.

Originally Posted by bribro
Just grabbed drinks with a friend that is a CPC (not JPM) client. After being turned down by his CPC guy in a branch, he tried to apply for the JPMR using the leaked PDF application and sending it to the fax number directly. His app was faxed last Tuesday, credit was pulled Wednesday, and he called up today to check on the status. He was put on hold for a couple of minutes, then the agent came back and said he could not be approved for the J.P. Morgan Reserve card since he is not a J.P. Morgan Private Bank client. He said he made a big stink about it, even threatened to pull his assets from Chase, but was told something along the lines of, "Sorry, no exceptions. You can apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, which has many of the same benefits." He then tried see if he could turn the hard pull from the JPMR app into a CSR application, but because credit was pulled a week ago they'd have to pull credit again.

So it looks like the JPM-only restriction is definitely being enforced.

PS: If you're reading this, hi Jake.

Just got back from a late breakfast with a business partner at Soho House West Hollywood. He is not CPC nor PB but I share at least 10 business Chase accts with him and I'm sure several more that are separate from us.

He told me his relationship banker was able to get back to him and successfully send in his app for the JPM Reserve. He said he didn't get a response but just recently the JP Morgan logo and account populated on his Chase online account.

So it looks like the JPM Reserve card isn't restricted for any particular group.

PS: If you're reading this, hi Luke, the grain bowl wasn't too bad.

Last edited by fanofwigs; Sep 1, 2016 at 3:00 pm