FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Broken seat in J
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2016, 7:10 am
justforfun

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Unbelievable response from BA. 5,000 avions points deposited into an account I haven't used in years. My AA # was in the reservation.

Dear justforfun,

Thanks for your email on XX August. I'm sorry for the delay in my response. I'm aware of the challenges you had in-flight to London Heathrow on XX August. I understand you had issues with your seat and I apologise for the inconvenience this caused.

I'm concerned to read your seat in Club World was inoperable with no power, lights or recline. I can see we tried to move you but couldn't due to Club World being full. We want to make sure your flight with us is relaxing. If there’s a problem on board one of our aircraft, when you land, our cabin crew send a report straight to our Maintenance team. They work hard to fix any issues they find as soon as possible and this means they’re able to carry out any repairs before the next service departs. However, I realise this doesn’t change how difficult your journey was.

Your seat is a very important part of our service. I’m pleased you let our cabin crew know you were unhappy so they could try and fix your seat themselves. Although, I’m disappointed they couldn’t fix the problem before you landed at London Heathrow. We’re grateful you've taken the time to give us your feedback as it’s only through your comments we’re able to focus on areas where we need to improve.

To show you how much we appreciate your support, I’ve added 5,000 Avios to your Blue Executive Club account. Please accept them as an apology. Subject to availability, you can put your Avios towards future bookings or use them to upgrade your class of travel next time you fly with us. They can also be used for hotels and car hire. Please visit www.ba.com/executiveclub to find out more.

Thanks again for contacting us. I'm sorry about the challenges you had. We value your feedback and hope to see you flying again soon. If you have any other queries please contact us via the blue link below.

Best regards

British Airways Customer Relations