FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA LAX-LHR-DUB Delay Trashes Ex EU Itinerary
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:32 pm
NWIFlyer
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Unfortunately this can't really be sugar coated.

I'm afraid you're going to be out of luck here. BA got you to your destination within the specified time for compensation under EC261. That's where their responsibility ends on separate tickets. There is absolutely no way they are going to help you on a return FR flight - had you booked a turnaround on BA they might have been more accommodating.

Ex-EUs carry risk, but the rewards are enormous. Normally they go without a hitch, although personally I'd have left much more time between flights if connecting on a different ticket and airline - two hours is not really sufficient if anything goes wrong. Sadly, we only learn that when things like this happen. I doubt your travel insurer is going to view it differently either.

At this stage, all you can do is think that you're probably financially still well ahead on the deal, put it down to experience, and hope you're not still in the dog house by the time you get back!